Dr. Ngul Khan Pau te nupa tungpan Report – 1
Here’s another update to celebrate His faithfulness as we come alongside in mentoring, facilitating
& encouraging young leaders in their walk with the Lord.
1. TURA YOUNG LEADERS FORUM, September 5-6, 2014: The Forum started with 38 Young Leaders from different Churches under Krima IV of Achik Baptist Convention. Dr. Pau opened the sessions beginning with “The Dream of God” which helped the leaders to view the purpose of creation and mankind from God’s perspective. Gibson Marak facilitated on “Spiritual Formation” & continued with “The Heart of God” emphasizing on what kind of heart our Heavenly Father has and similarly as leaders we need to have. The sessions were followed by interaction & group activity.
Some of the feedbacks were:- (i) “I always felt that my family members looked down on me but today I know that God has chosen me & I am included in His dream” (ii) “I have read the book of Genesis many times, taught the children at Sunday School but I have never looked at it as Gods vision/ dream to create this world” (As reported by Ruth)
2. Mokokchung Young Leaders Forum, September 12-14, 2014: A group of handpicked young professionals from Mokokchung had an enriching time in Bethel Prayer Center, Barapani. This was a blessed experience to get away from our workplace, to learn & be refreshed in the serene place. Rev. Pau, Lucy & Atola Subong were the facilitators for this forum. Topics taken were “Biblical Worldview”, “Lead like Jesus”, “Silence & Solitude”, “Forgiveness & Reconciliation and “Finding God’s will for your partner”.
These were what some of the participants had to say:- (i) “I have learned to practice the inverted pyramid hierarchy of leadership”.
“Silence and Solitude was helpful to remind me of the need to spent time alone”. (ii) “I am reminded to wait for God’s perfect will rather than permissive will”. I hope these leaders will make a difference in their own areas of influence. (As reported by Oshy)
3. Shalom Bible Seminary, Kohima: Pau & Gibson visited the Shalom Bible Seminary, Kohima (Nagaland) from 15th -17th Sept 2014. Pau spoke on Biblical Worldview and Lead like Jesus to the B.Th final year students. Gibson led the devotions on “How to be a Sanctified Vessel and God’s Heart for Families”. Pau at the Chapel Service exhorted the community to Thirst and Hunger for God based on Psalm 42. They also had the privilege to counsel and pray for some students who were seeking physical and spiritual healing and deliverance. Praise be unto God! Many of them received instant healing and deliverance from their long ailments and spiritual bondages. It was one of the unique experiences. The principal said that this visit “was timely, as the Seminary community was going through a lot of challenges relating to health issues and spiritual attacks upon the students.”
4. ZCF Delhi Teens Seminar, YMCA, Delhi during Sept.27-28, 2014: Around 37 teenagers joined the Seminar based on the theme: “The Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.”Prov.9:10. Topics covered are – Benefits of the Fear of God, Identity, Peer Pressure, Finding God’s Will for Life Partner. Some of the feedbacks:
“I will avoid bad company. I used to camouflage myself but God sees the ‘Real ME’. “I have decided not to make fun of girls. I will not take alcohol & drugs in my life. If I have a girlfriend, I will respect her. I will not have sex with other girl before my marriage”. “I learned about the different aspects of relationships and dating which have helped me to set boundaries and know my limits”.
# Parenting Seminar was also held with the parents of the Fellowship on Sept 30 at the same venue(evening). About 25 couples participated.
5. Pastors’& spouse Marriage Enrichment Seminar, Delhi during Sept.30, 2014: 11 Pastors and their spouse attended the Seminar at Evangelical Baptist Church, Dwarka, Delhi. The topics facilitated were: Biblical foundation of Christian Marriage and Challenges faced in Marriage. A Pastor commented: “we thank God for enriching our marriage in such a special way.”
Please continue to stand with us in prayer for October:
1. All India Kuki Worship Service Youth Conference, Bangalore, Oct.3-5, 2014
2. ZCF Bangalore Leadership Seminar, Bangalore, Oct.11-12, 2014
3. One Day Christian Young Professional Retreat, Guwahati, Oct.23, 2014
4. Leadership Cohort, Yangoon, Myanmar, Oct.29-Nov.1, 2014
Pau and Lucy