Malaysia gamsung aom Reguee sungpan “Poetry Competition” alunglut aomleh
Malaysia gamsung aom Migrant leh Refugee sungpan in “Poetry Competition” alunglut aomleh kidemthei hi. Pianpihzat kampau, Bahasa Malaysia, English cihte lakah khatzawkzawk tawh gelhin 1st September 2017, 11:59 PM ma in kipuakthei hi.
Alunglut te’n anuai ah athu akicingzaw in nasimsuak unmaw…
Dear Head Teachers and School Coordinators,
The Migrant & Refugee Poetry Competition 2017 is now open to submission.
The poetry competition is to celebrate the literary talent of migrants and refugees in Malaysia and is an attempt to bring to light the unique aspects of their lives to a wider audience in Malaysia. This competition is open to all UNHCR Cardholders in Malaysia, as well as to foreign workers in Malaysia who has a Visitor’s Pass/ Temporary Employment Pass.
Please be informed that the contest is not open to professionals.
Each participant can submit 1 poem in a language that they choose, be it their mother-tongue, Bahasa Malaysia or English.
If you are interested and would like to share your talent, please send your poem in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st September 2017, 11:59 PM.
The judges will shortlist entries by 20th September 2017. The selected finalists will be asked to recite their shortlisted poems at a public event on 1st October 2017 for final judging that will be held in Kuala Lumpur.
There are 2 categories and the prizes for the contest are:
- Adult category (above 12): 1st Prize – MYR 300.00, 2nd Prize – MYR 200.00, 3rd Prize – MYR 100.00.
- Junior category (12 and below): trophy and certificates
Please be reminded that:
- Only original works will be considered (poems written by yourself and not others).
- All submissions must be submitted in a SINGLE email. Multiple emails will not be accepted.
- The organizer retains the rights to publish and distribute any submitted poem and their translations.
- Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances.
We at the Education Unit of UNHCR wishes you all the best!
With best regards,
NORRINA MOHD ISA
Senior Education Field Assistant, Education Unit